Watch Miami 2012 Final Live: Sharapova vs Radwanska

>> Friday, March 30, 2012

The Miami 2012 women's singles final at the 2012 Sony Ericsson Open can be viewed through online live stream here. In a tournament which produced some major surprises including the end of world #1 Victoria Azarenka's perfect 2012 season, two of the more consistent players this year are fighting for their first ever Sony Ericsson title. #2 Maria was first into the final when she beat #4-seed Dane Caroline Wozniacki 4-6, 6-2, 6-4. She will face off with #5-seed Agnieszka Radwanska who advanced to her first Sony Ericsson Open final on Thursday, eliminating #7-seed Marion Bartoli 6-4, 6-2.

Sharapova is now through to her fourth Miami tennis tournament final, but she is still aiming for her first title. She was runner-up in 2005 to Kim Clijsters, in 2006 to Svetlana Kuznetsova, and she lost last year's final to Azarenka. The Sony Ericsson Open is the second biggest tournament she has not yet won behind the French Open, where she has reached the semifinals twice. Even if Sharapova wins the tournament, she will stay as world #2 behind Azarenka, but will definitely close the gap in reclaiming the top women's tennis position. She was on her way to a quick first set victory after leading 4-1, but she dropped the first set with a myriad of costly errors and had to rally back for the three set victory in two hours and 34 minutes. Wozniacki was aiming to continue her quarterfinal win momentum where she beat 5-time champion Serena Williams for the first time in four tries.

Sharapova Miami 2012 quote after reaching the final: “I'm really pleased that after losing that first one, being up and playing really well and then backing off and her stepping up, I could have easily just went down in the second set... But I really stepped it up again. I went out there and started being aggressive. I didn't stop after I put myself in a good position. I'm extremely pleased that I pulled it out today."

Wozniacki Miami 2012 quote after losing in the semifinals, her best career result at the Sony Ericsson Open: "Overall I'm pretty happy with my game. I think this week I've been playing some really good tennis... I didn't do that today, but I can definitely take some positives from this tournament and bring them with me further this year... I just kept fighting and just kept playing for every point... Maria started off really well and played aggressively. She played some good tennis out there. I tried to do my best, and it just wasn't enough today. I was very close. This is tennis. One time you win; one time you lose."

Sharapova's final opponent, #5-seed Agnieszka Radwanska advanced to her first Sony Ericsson Open final, beating Bartoli who earlier stopped Azarenka's unbeaten run this year. Radwanska improved her unbeaten record against Bartoli to 7-0. Poland's #1 player is now 25-4 this year, with all four losses coming to Azarenka. She won the Dubai tournament for her first title of the year. She will be the underdog in the finals as she has lost to Sharapova in their last six matches.

Radwanksa quote after winning her first trip to the Miami tennis tournament final: "I'm just very happy that [I've played] my best tennis since the beginning of the year and [have won] a lot of great matches against top players... I'm still going to work hard and step by step, [try] to go even higher." Radwanska has earlier indicated that her goal is to reach the #1 ranking. Watch the Miami 2012 final live between Sharapova and Radwanska at TennisTv.com. Coverage starts on Saturday, March 31 at 12 noon CDT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment