10 Facts about the Tennisphilia blogger

>> Monday, November 2, 2009

To anyone who's interested:

#1. I'm not a tennis expert. I'm not a tennis player either, though I do play occasionally during the summer. I would describe myself as a regular tennis fan.

#2. I get my almost daily tennis fix by checking the Yahoo Sports Tennis Section. I get my weekly tennis fix by reading Jon Wertheim's CNNSI column. During grandslams, I read the players interviews and sometimes use the IBM tracker to monitor match progress while at work. Please don't tell my boss.

#3. I love tennis statistics and trivia.

#4. I got introduced to tennis as a freshman high school student in the late 80s. That was way back in the Philippines. I had a crush on Gabriela Sabatini. I remember exactly what I was doing when I first heard that she won the US Open in 1990. I was ironing my uniform. There was a 2 year period where I stopped monitoring tennis. That was the same time that Sabatini wasn't winning any tournaments.

#5. I share the same birthday as Andre Agassi. My youngest child is named Andrei, but hell no, it wasn't after Andre Agassi. My grandma's name happened to be Andrea.

#6. In this blog, I'd like to post tennis news, tennis rankings and lists, interesting photos - all with a personal twist. Not that anyone cares ... but I do.

#7. My favorite women tennis players include Gabriela Sabatini, Monica Seles (after stabbing), Steffi Graf (after Sabatini retired), Jennifer Capriati (before drugs), the Williams sisters, and Kim Clijsters (after her unretirement). I like to root against: Justine Henin (Career 1.0), Maria Sharapova (Kournikova is hotter!) and Martina Hingis.

#8. My favorite men tennis players are Stefan Edberg, Andre Agassi, Roger Federer. I like to root against: Boris Becker, Pete Sampras, Rafael Nadal.

#9.  I live in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago - happily married, and dad to 3 boys. I work in the information technology consulting industry.

#10. I would have wanted to be a tennis dad - the Richard Williams type and live my tennis dreams through my children. But my boys enjoy soccer, swimming, reading, video games and a whole bunch of stuff that they want prioritized over tennis. So, I turned to the next best thing - becoming a tennis blogger.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

Sorry for the delay of my comments and thank you for visiting my blogs sometime last week. It's an honor and yes, I'm going to add you on the list of my blogrolls.

Let's continue serving the Master, for in due time we will reap if we faint not.

God bless.

simplegal December 23, 2009 at 3:53 AM  

Hello there..Glad I've stumbled on this blog of yours. Just saw your link through NFP's chatbox. Your site is just what I have in mind for mine except that my thoughts are merely on Maria if possible. :) Keep posting! Will definitely add you on my list. Happy Holidays!

P.S. Your description one is really like me except that I can just describe myself as a great Masha fan. :D

Post a Comment